Monday, May 23, 2011

Music Monday: "She Walked Away" by BarlowGirl


I listened to this song with my Moma today in the car. I've heard this song about a million times, and I know that Moma has too, but I wanted her to hear it again. This song reminds me of one of my cousins, for my blogging purposes her name will be Melody.

Melody was raised in a Christian family, and married a Christian young man. For a majority of her schooling years she was homeschooled. She and I were very close; people who didn't know we were cousins thought we were sisters. But, for some reason, 3 years ago she decided to walk away from her family and her faith. A few weekends ago I saw her for the first time in almost three years. She is now on good terms with her parents, brothers, and grandparents, but she still hasn't returned to her Heavenly Father. Every time I hear this song I can't help but think of her. I still love her and I still miss her and I still hope that one day she will decide to truly come home.

Melody, if you happen to be reading this, please know that I will always love you like a sister and please come Home.

PS. I just rememered this. Melody bought this cd for me when I was 15. Our family was sick with the flu and she wanted to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...