Sunday, September 18, 2011

Music Monday: "Lonesome Dove" and "The Dance" by Garth Brooks

Ok, so this is the best YouTube video I could find of this song. There was one video that actually had Garth Brooks singing the song, but it had some pics on it that I didn't want on my blog. If you want to hear the "real" version, go to YouTube and minimize the video. That aside, this cover is pretty true to the original :-)

This song makes me swoon! I know that sounds a little ridiculous, but it's true! The Crochet family are still fans of Garth, but back in the day, you know, waaaaay back when my parents were dating, newly weds, and had young kids, we listened to Garth a lot! That being the early 90s could have something to do with it :-) Anyway, my parents went to a Garth concert when my mom was pregnant with me, so I guess I'm destined to always have a little bit of Garth in my musical diet!

I just have to share another real quick Garth/Crochet family story. Moma was pregnant with me "The Dance" came out on the radio. She was sit and listen to it and cry, and watch the music video and cry. So now, I watch the video and cry!



GARTH BROOKS - THE DANCE by travhart

When my dad was younger he looked A LOT like Garth Brooks. So much so, that when he'd often have to travel to OK City for work he at least daily have someone ask him if he was Garth Brooks or at least tell him how much he looked like the Country star!

Ok...enough rambling :-) Do ya'll have a favorite Garth song?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...